Seasonal Outlook Workshops 2014
07 March 2014
North Coast Local Land Services invites you to attend Seasonal Outlook Workshops in your local area.
Over the last six months to January 2014, 90% of NSW has had below average rainfall and 57% had rainfall in the lowest 10% recorded.
With further unpredictable conditions forecast, these workshops will look at strategies for preparing for the upcoming season.
- Livestock management strategies for dry seasons and transition to wet conditions
- Managing pastures in the summer to winter changeover period
- Strategies to sourcing alternative feeds. Who’s out there, current availability of key supplements
- LLS District Vets: Seasonal Animal Health updates. Seasonal pest and disease reminders. Precautions for introducing alternative stock feeds
- Weather predictions for the upcoming autumn
- Rural Financial Counsellors and DPI Rural Support Workers to talk about finance options and where to look for funding
- RAMHP advice on dealing with adversity in the rural sector and where to turn for assistance.
- All workshops include morning tea on arrival and light lunch at the conclusion of the presentations.
Tuesday 11 March 10 am-1 pm
Casino RSM Club
162 Canterbury Street, Casino
Wednesday 12 March 10 am-1 pm
South Grafton Ex-Services Club
2 Wharf Street, South Grafton
Thursday 13 March 10 am-1 pm
Bellingen Golf Club
1172 Waterfall Way, Bellingen
Tuesday 18 March 10 am-1 pm
Kempsey Golf Club
330 Pacific Highway, South Kempsey
Wednesday 19 March 10 am-1 pm
Wauchope Country Club
24 King Street, Wauchope
RSVP: Please RSVP at least one week prior to the
event for catering purposes. Please leave your
name, location of event you are attending, your
main farming interest (beef/dairy/crops etc) and the
number of people attending.
Telephone: 02 6561 4964
Media contact: Brendan O’Brien, Senior Land Services Officer, telephone: 02 6561 4966