Options for managing the dry conditions - Willawarrin July 2014
16 July 2014
North Coast Local Land Services invites you to attend a workshop in Willawarrin. A drought support package has been extended to Kempsey Local Government area by the NSW Government. This meeting provides similar information to the seasonal conditions workshops that were run by NCLLS in Kempsey in March 2014.
The workshops will have staff from the Agencies responsible for delivering drought support packages and information. Officers will talk about assistance and management strategies for the continuing dry season and include: .
NSW Farmers- Drought Policy update
NSW DPI- Rural Resilience Program
- Role of Rural Support Workers
Rural Assistance Authority (RAA) - Rural Financial Counselling Service of NSW
- Government Drought Support packages, finance options and where to look for funding
- The role of the RAA in administering drought concessional loans.
Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP) assisting farmers deal with adversity and where to turn for assistance.
North Coast Local Land Services
- Introduction on the process for Seasonal Condition Reporting
- Livestock management strategies for dry seasons. Strategies to sourcing alternative feeds. Who's out there, current availability of key supplements.
- Benefits of strategic pest control during dry periods.
- District Vets- Animal health updates. Seasonal pest and disease reminders. Precautions for introducing alternative stock feeds.
Officers from the relevant organisations will remain following the presentations to allow for individual discussion with attendees.
The workshop includes morning tea on arrival and light lunch at the conclusion of the presentations. 9.30 morning tea for a 10am start.
Thursday 31 July 2014
9:30am for a 10:00am start – 12:00pm
Please RSVP at least one week prior to the event for catering purposes. Please leave your name, Location of event you are attending, your main farming interest (beef/dairy/crops etc) and the number of people attending.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (02) 6561 4960 and leave a message
Media Contact: Lindy Brown, Team Leader, Land Services Telephone: 0437 826 152 or 6561 4962