Options for Managing the Dry Conditions - Nambucca July 2014
16 July 2014
North Coast Local Land Services (NCLLS) invites you to attend a workshop in the Nambucca Shire to be held at Taylors Arm. This meeting replicates the seasonal conditions workshops that were run by NCLLS at Bellingen and Kempsey in March 2014.
With prevailing dry conditions much of the North Coast pasture conditions continue to deteriorate. Drier than normal conditions are likely between June and August. The El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO) is still neutral, but there is about a 70 per cent chance of El Nino event developing in winter and spring. A moderate event is considered likely.
The workshops will have staff from the Agencies responsible for providing information and advice throughout the prevailing dry seasons. Officers will talk about a range of management strategies for the continuing dry season and include:
NSW Farmers - Drought Policy update
NSW DPI - Rural Resilience Program -.
- Role of the Rural Support Workers
Rural Assistance Authority (RAA) - Rural Financial Counselling Service of NSW –
- Role of the Rural Financial Counsellors
- Centrelink Farm Household Assistance
Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP)
- assisting farmers deal with adversity and where to turn for assistance.
North Coast Local Land Services
- Introduction on the process for Seasonal Condition Reporting
- Livestock management strategies for dry seasons. Strategies to sourcing alternative feeds. Who's out there, current availability of key supplements.
- Benefits of strategic pest control during dry periods.
- District Vets- Animal health updates. Seasonal pest and disease reminders. Precautions for introducing alternative stock feeds.
Officers from the relevant organisations will remain following the presentations to allow for individual discussion with attendees.
Light refreshments will be provided.
The Pub With No Beer – Dining Room
Wed 30 July 2014 5pm - 7pm
Please RSVP at least one week prior to the event for catering purposes. Please leave your name, location of event you are attending, your main farming interest (beef/dairy/crops etc) and the number of people attending.
RSVP to: email@example.com or phone: (02) 6561 4960 and leave a message.
Media contact: Lindy Brown, Team Leader, Land Services, NCLLS Telephone: 0437 826152 or 65614962